Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Coming Soon: Broccoli Sprouts


Every book written to advise friends and family how to best help their cancer-afflicted loved one strongly suggests that it is most respectful to not offer medical advice unless it is asked for. That's why it is mostly the grossly uniformed...and those who don't read those kinds of books who call, email and interrupt conversation to suggest all manner of surefire cures for my kind of cancer (which is exactly the same cancer their sister, cousin, best friend's boss (fill in the blank) had and was miraculously cured of).
So why does my long-time dear friend, who is sensitive in every way imaginable, refuse to stop talking to me about the healing powers of eating broccoli sprouts daily? Even at the risk of straining our relationship? Even though I have asked her repeatedly to not bring it up again?

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Jill Wolfson said...

I have a juicer for you!