Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Hiccup in the Universe

Just as the momentum was building for relaunching this blog, my computer expires. I've been using George's computer for the past few months, postponing the repair of my Dell. A couple of days ago, our computer friend took it and said he'd have it back in a few days ready to use. Then he called saying he'd repaired it and then the hard drive crashed. Luckily, he had a used hard drive he'd be happy to install at a good price. Do it, I said. That hard drive collapsed as soon as it became part of my computer. Everyone recommends a new computer.
Okay. I could kick and whimper and twitch, or I could buy a new computer. Actually the computer friend, Luke, has offered to build me a computer, this time a desk top. Oh how I've loved having a laptop, but it's true that I hardly ever moved it. It was too heavy to travel with and my desk is the most comfortable place to write. And this way, I can have a 20 INCH SCREEN!!! Whooooohoooooo!!!!!!!!!!
So, the momentum is idling a bit right now because I still haven't figured out how to download pictures on George's computer and I really love posting pictures on this blog. And we are leaving a week from today to spend two weeks in Southern Utah....in Zion and at Capitol Reef....without a computer.
And if I'm willing to make big decisions quickly, I could have a new computer when I get home.
Until then, everybody breathe.
Again.

1 comment:

Lisa C. said...

I'm breathing. I'm smiling. I went to "my favorites" just to check if you'd started blogging again, and YES, you had :) It's good to read your words and hear your voice, Nancy. I'm glad the momentum grabbed you. Love, Lisa